Murphy Pipe & Civil +
2014 AIA Regional Commendation for Interior Architecture
2014 AIA Queensland Architecture Awards Commendation for Interior Architecture
2014 Australian Interior Design Awards Shortlist
2014 Australian IDEA Awards finalist
Murphy Pipe and Civil needed to expand their workplace and wished to move towards an office space designed to stimulate action between staff and workplace. The design provides an office environment that not only reflects the company’s strategic position, but also the company’s core values, including:
- Innovation – reinforced through bespoke furniture, commissioned artwork and smart technology
- Leadership – the interior endeavors to foster leadership and also looks towards ideas of the ‘next future’. Understood through an office more like a home with spaces that are warm and liveable, supporting 24/7 flexible work conditions, diverse space to support choice and interaction
- Quality – represents a considered approach, longevity, and excellence in business. Design quality is found at all scales, from the concepts and planning, to workmanship of bespoke objects.
- Authenticity – a move away from generic details and towards materials and detailing that express local construction.
- Collaboration – A diverse variety of meeting spaces, including wide hallways, communal sofas, and kitchens offers new ways of interacting that is knowledge driven, and increasingly mobile and self-deterministic. Collaboration also recognizes being inclusive and welcoming.
Interior Design: Marc&Co, Baber Studio and Jarosz Design
Interior Styling: Caro Toledo
Structure: AD Structures
Automation: Electronic Living
Furniture: Corporate Culture, Living Edge
Photography: Camera Obscura
Photographic Styling: Kasia Jarosz